Friday, March 29, 2024

A Queen a query

 The renovations continue as do my efforts to get outdoors to stay sane. We are up to the ninth day, excluding Saturdays and Sundays. The Plasterer came round to start his two and a half day contribution. As I was clearing the kitchen,  I saw a bee on the window ledge. Not wanting it to be disturbed by stripping wallpaper. I caught it in a pot and took it to a place of safety. It was a queen Buff tailed bee.


Despite more rain, I had to get out to avoid the workmen putting in kitchen cupboards and new kitchen sink. I went to collect one of the SD cards from a trail camera on Cuerden. It had a good clip of a fox. Occasionally going out when you don't really want to, has advantages. This photo is a screen capture of that video clip.


Still restricted to weekends on when I can go out, I walked to Cuerden and collected the SD card from Ice House Wood. It was good to see a variety of spring flowers starting to blossom. Fritillary, Wood Anemone and Cowslip all within a small area.


 

The following weekend I walked to fill up the hedgehog feeder. When I arrived it had been disturbed see photo below. The brick that was on top had been discarded. I know it was too heavy for any four legged mammal so I suspect homo stulti. It would not be sapiens. I corrected it and re-filled the feeder.
 
 Lots of chiffchaffs singing that Sunday morning and the spring plants continuing to be in flower include Wood Forget-me-Not, Wood Speedwell, and Ivy-leaved Speedwell. The photos show the latter two



The improvements to my home are nearing completion so I may go away for a week to get refreshed






  







No comments:

Post a Comment