Thursday, June 2, 2022

Day two of 30 Days Wild

 A sunny day prompted me to go to search for damselflies in the southern part of Cuerden Valley Park. Being 70+ has the added bonus of having a bus pass which keeps my carbon footprint down. It also meant I spotted Hedge Woundwort by the bus stop. I walked over the stone  road bridge and had a glance for our resident dipper, but to no avail. The lodge at Kem Mill was my destination and the sight of a Grey Heron lifted my spirit. Azure damselflies aplenty were flying on the edge of the water, on the vegetation emerging from the water and some ovipositing in the water. Just behind where I was standing I noted a Common Whitethroat and a Reed Bunting. I took a few photos of the heron and the damselflies until my stomach reminded me lunch was imminent. This time as I crossed over the river, a Grey Wagtail flew over my head. A  five minutes wait for the bus and back home for lunch








No comments:

Post a Comment